Curried Chicken Meatballs Recipe
The chicken dumplings and I just renewed our love vows with a recipe for chicken meatballs in tomato sauce
But since I want to eat meatballs more often, and I do not want them to taste the same every day, here is a new recipe for "fusion cuisine": Chicken dumplings curry. In addition, summer is perfect for preparing dishes that remind me of Thailand or any Southeast Asian country.
Preparing chicken curry dumplings
The base of the meatballs of chicken is the same as in the traditional recipe with sauce, with the exception that, instead of adding pepper and garlic, in this case we will add a teaspoon of curry powder.
The other modification important is that you have to replace cow's milk with coconut milk, to mix it with bread crumbs or crumbs.
Either way, I leave here the list of ingredients and the detailed preparation.
Ingredients of chicken meatballs curry
For chicken meatballs:
- A can of coconut milk (from this can take a part to replace the milk in the preparation of the meatballs , and leave the rest for the sauce).
- 600 grams of ground chicken.
- 2 cups breadcrumbs or a half cup of bread crumbs.
- One teaspoon of curry powder.
- One egg (large).
- 2 tablespoons of thyme or fresh parsley, chopped into very small pieces.
- Salt and cumin.
- Wheat flour to batter.
- Frying oil (preferably neutral in taste, such as canola or sunflower).
For the curry sauce:
- The rest of the same can of coconut milk used to make the meatballs.
- An onion.
- A carrot.
- A cup and a half of chicken broth (really, the natural broth is better than from concentrate).
- 2 teaspoons of curry powder.
- A branch of lemongrass.
- A green pepper.
- Black pepper powder.
- Raisins to taste.
- One coriander stem.
- Two tablespoons of oil (neutral flavor, like canola or gi) rasol).
Preparing the chicken meatballs
- In a container with the equivalent of one cup of the milk of coconut, scatter bread crumbs or bread crumbs. All the bread should be well soaked.
- In another bowl with the chicken meat, add a pinch of salt and another of cumin, the fresh parsley or thyme, then the egg and finally the bread wet with the coconut milk. Stir manually until a homogenous and consistent mixture is obtained.
- Heat a pan with a considerable amount of oil, enough to fry all the meatballs.
- While the pan is heating up ( over medium heat), sprinkle a plate with wheat flour.
- Take the meat mixture and manually form balls not very large.
- Put each meatball on the plate with flour, and move until covered completely with a thin white layer.
- Fry the meatballs covered in flour. As they brown in the pan, turn so that the cooking is the same across the entire surface.
- Cover with absorbent paper a plate or tray, to arrange the meatballs after leaving the oil and remove the excess fat.
Preparing curry chicken dumpling sauce
Unlike the traditional recipe of meatballs in tomato sauce, in this case we will make a vegetable sauce.
- Peel and cut into small cubes the carrot and onion.
- Heat the oil in a pan and cook over medium heat both vegetables.
- Wash the branch of lemongrass and pepper.At that time, add the coconut milk.
- Add the drained meatballs to the preparation and let cook another 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, wash the coriander stem and separate the leaves .
- After 15 minutes of cooking, add a touch of salt and pepper. Then remove, taste, and rectify the taste if necessary (for lovers of sweet or bittersweet flavors, like me, an additional pinch of sugar is good).
- Serve and decorate with coriander leaves .
Ideally, accompany these meatballs with white rice or a fresh salad.
If you want to try more similar recipes, visit our page of chicken recipes, We have many!